Nicoletta here from Santorini.
I have made my dream (and of a thousand other people) come true 🙂
I am one of those who, after a holiday in a lovely place, said ‘I want to live here!’.
But I made it! I am here since winter 2017, living in Greece, in one of the most beautiful islands on the planet, Santorini.
I came on holiday for over ten years and I thought since the first day that this was my place, where I could connect myself with my roots.
Why One Quarter Greek?
Because my grandmother was greek so I have actually some greek blood in my veins.
I love this country and its people.
After years lived in big cities such as Milan, Rome and London, I moved to and island and I hate to swim!
I am a photographer and I love to write; I was working in the art and entertainment environment, I quit my (several) jobs and here I am, starting a new life, based more on myself and my needs.
I miss London, I miss my family and friends, I miss many things of my previous life.
But I love where I am and the way I feel.
In this blog you will read:
- about me, who I am, my life on the island, how I learnt greek… (Personal)
- about interesting people-friends I have met in this exciting adventure (Stories)
- about the island, my favorite spots and hidden gems (Santorini)
- about greek makers, designers I love, follow and stalk (Makers)
- about good food and people who shares with me this passion (Food)
If you love Greece and dreaming, stay in touch with me and I promise I will send my stories from the island!
Join my newsletter and download for free a beautiful map of Santorini!
I hope you will enjoy and support my new life!
Nicoletta aka One Quarter Greek
PS: A huge THANK YOU to my brilliant designer Antonio Scricco who took care of my logo and website